Sunday, June 28, 2009

Week 16.. .all kinds of fun stuff!

ok, so last week I had a several day run-in with the nightmare monster, but he has since retreated! ha! Other than that we have had some fun developments in the last week...

1) I am showing SO much more now! People ask when I'm due :) makes me so happy!

2) We have individual kicks, punches, rolls. At least a few times a day. They are getting much stronger and she seems to like it when we "kick" back. At least twice a day you can feel them easily from the outside (without pushing at all).

3) The bump is definitely higher, I am carrying high and center, my lower area is for sure "puffier" and harder than pre-pregnancy but I am not carrying the baby low by any means!

4) The nipples.. oh god the nipples.... HURTTTTTT!!!!! well, they hurt if anything brushes them.. ie fabric. As long as we have a bra on, we're good. :) and that is easing a little bit.

5) I'm starting to bust out of the 34D bra. Seriously. The dreaded pink bra of doom that I bought a couple months ago (36D) fits now. Still has a teeny bit of room before it fits just right, but yeah. barely. sigh.. in a couple weeks...


The baby of course is growing like a weed!!! In a week she has grown to right about 5 to 5.2" long from head to butt and weighs 5oz!! 1/3 of a pound folks!!! That is the same as a standard flip phone!!! Photobucket


The other stuff that is going on with the baby:
*ears are "popped" out now and on the head like normal :)
*the head is much more erect
*the eyes are right about where they should be on the head.. by next week they'll be
set!
*growing toenails!! (ok ok so that's not exactly the coolest thing ever but still..)
*hair pattern is developing!! (please no crazy bald spots!! please!)
*heart is easily pumping 15 quarts of blood a day! WOW!
*of course we're also doing summersaults in mommys tummy regularly now
*the bones are dense enough to show on an xray
*frowning/smiling/"lemon" face are all possible now. :) hooray!!
*and of course the legs are getting stronger than the arms now (they will continue
to develop at this new ratio throughout the rest of the prengnancy)

Photobucket


well, I'll post a pic of me towards the end of this week.. maybe on tuesday :) time seems to be finally flying by! It felt like it took so long to finally be 3 months pregnant.. and now I'm into my 5th month already! WOW does it go fast! Next month we're going to start setting up the nursery (we have big plans. but I won't tell you till then!) and stocking up more on diapers. I love how involved Billy has been this whole time. Of course not just talking to the baby and playing with "her" but also in choosing themes, ideas, clothes, ect..

He's going to be a GREAT daddy!!!





and "she's" as big as an avacado!!
Photobucket


I can't wait till I can watch her kicking instead of just feeling it. Billys mom said that with Billy, you could watch him all day. He was always kicking and rolling and pressing his hand/foot against her stomach (she said you could see his hand when he'd do it!) I hope this one takes after her father that way! of course, I was a tap dancing queen when I was in my mommys tummy too! Just have to wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment